We adhere to ethical breeding and business practices for the good of our German Shorthaired Pointers and Brittanys. Our kennels are clean and we sanitize them on a regular basis. Our dogs are exercised daily.
- Maintain high standards of canine health, including cleanliness of facilities, and veterinary care.
- Properly socialize dogs and puppies.
- Breed only with the intention of maintaining the conformation and performance standards of the breed.
- Breed only healthy, mature dogs and bitches of good temperament and qualities substantially conforming to the official standard of the particular breed.
- Breed only dogs or bitches that have no disqualifying faults.
- Refuse stud service to any bitch which is obviously inferior in quality or temperament or not registered with the American Kennel Club. Do not breed any bitch more than once a year.
- Do not sell or consign puppies or adult dogs to pet shops, brokers, or other commercial dealers, nor offer them as raffle prizes or for auction.
- Honestly evaluate the quality of each puppy sold, fairly representing field and/or show potential, its possible faults and make the buyer aware of the distinction between pet quality and show quality.
- Do not release any puppies for sale before they are eight weeks of age.
- Furnish the buyer with a pedigree, AKC registration application, medical and immunization records, feeding schedule and general care instructions.
- Screen prospective buyers to assure that puppies will have the proper home and environment.
- Encourage purchasers of pet quality puppies, or those not intended to be used for breeding, to spay / neuter the animal.
- Do not misrepresent in advertising, any dog or puppy for sale, or include misleading information regarding the background or potential of the animal.
- Provide the purchaser with a written contract offering to replace any puppy found to have a disabling or life threatening defect which prevents the dog from fulfilling it’s purpose.
- Follow up on puppies after the sale to insure their continued care.
- Encourage puppy buyers to participate in breed activities such as hunt tests, obedience trials, field trials, tracking tests, agility and conformation shows, and recommends membership in local breed clubs as well as State or National clubs.